a few useful Tips
How to store Eggs
- Always store eggs in the fridge or a cool place at 5° - 14° C.
- Keep eggs away from highly flavoured or aromatic foods as they may pick up flavours.
- Allow eggs to warm up to room temperature before using, especially when whipping whites.
- Avoid using high heat when cooking eggs as it makes them tough.
To shell a boiled egg easily
- remove egg from heat and immerse into cold water. Peel under cold running water.
How to use older eggs
- for cakes, quiches etc.
- The freshest eggs are best for frying or poaching, whilst older eggs are best for hard boiling, scrambling etc .